I scream you scream, we all scream for ice-cream. It's a perfect summer chant, but what about those of us who can't have dairy? The answer is, SORBET! It's non-dairy and can be made with just about any seasonal fruit or herb. It's easy to make and a great way to save a few bucks. I suggest using unrefined sugar such as coconut palm or rapadura to make these dessert delights even more nourishing.
Sounds more like a Capresse salad than a dessert, but it's a perfectly balanced array of sweet, tangy, sour, and savory.
I'm plum excited to try this one out. It only has a 1/3 a cup of sugar (could even be cut to 1/4 cup) and the addition of cherry brandy provides another layer of flavor.
Not only does it use my favorite veggie that seems like a fruit, but this sorbet uses honey for sweetness. To make it even healthier, go for raw honey which is loaded with enzymes and vitamins.
Wild Blackberry with Garden Mint and Lavender
Wow, low sugar and the mint makes it especially cooling. And the best part, WILD blackberries. Sure you can get them at the market, but if you live in a blackberry region, they grow like weeds and tend to be everywhere. It doesn't get more thrifty than that.
- Seasonal Sunday: 5 Best Herb Infused Sorbets
- Top 10 Tuesday: Sumptuous Sorbets
- Tantalizing Turmeric Sorbet
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Gluten Free Roasted Figs 3 Ways
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Raw and Gluten-Free Key Lime Pie
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Must-Try Vegan Recipe: Cauliflower Flatbread with Avocado and Hummus
- Eggs With Ham and Asparagus Casserole
- One Pan Lemon Chicken
- Pumpkin Banana Protein Oat Bars
- Mexican Baked Eggs
- Baked Salmon With Mandarin Orange and Pineapple Salsa
- French Toast With Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- Homemade peach sorbet
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Sweet and Tart Lemon Bars
- Chicken Wraps with Mediterranean Flair