McDonald's UAE and Neutral Fuels LLC have just joined forces to recycle vegetable oil into biodiesel in the United Arab Emirates. The vegetable oil will come from the 90 McDonald's restaurants in the area; as a part of the deal, McDonald's will convert its delivery trucks to run on biodiesel rather than diesel or gas.
The McDonald's UAE venture with Neutral Fuels LLC will be able to produce 264 gallons of biodiesel per year, or 1 million liters. The venture's timing coincides with the latest McDonald's UK campaign, "The A-Z of McDonald's," which similarly focuses on the environmentally friendly corporate practices at the Golden Arches.
- 10 Bizarre McDonald's Branding Moves
- McDonald's UK Gets Eco Uniforms Designed by Wayne Hemingway
- Mickey D's Humanizes Fast Food With "The A-Z of McDonald's"
- McDonald's UK Olympic Uniforms Are Eco-Chic and Inspired by 'Mad Men'
- McDonald's Reflective Billboard Casts a New Light on Outdoor Advertising
- McDonald's Tries Table Service in the UK
- McDonald's Germany Pretzelnator is a Crowd-Sourced Combination Created by Fans
- Infographic Shows Regional McDonald's Menu Items
- McDonald's McCafe Ground Coffee Available to Purchase in Canada
- McDonald's to Serve Certified-Sustainable Fish
- Food and Romance from around the world: Dubai, UAE
- Prune Cake - Don't Turn Up Your Nose, It's Better Than You'd Ever Think!!!
- Chestnut 'paté'
- Sophie's Summer Salad With Roasted Plums, Sheep's Feta, Pine Nuts, Prosciutto & A Plum Dressing !
- Ham 'n' Swiss Chicken
- Honey 'n' Oats Bread
- Frieda's Hoppin' John
- Sophie's Maple Scones With Pecans & Cranberries, Served With Maple's Butter
- Aunt Caroline's Forgotten Cookies (Mae-Mae's Best Friend)
- Ryan's Shepherd's Pie