Jamie Schler will speak passionately during the session, 'Writing about Food and Culture,' at the International Food Blogger Conference in New Orleans!
Jamie is a freelance writer specializing in food and culture. An American living in Europe for over 25 years, her multi-cultural family and kitchen are the source of inspiration for both her cooking and her writing. After working as a culinary guide and interpreter in Paris, an assistant editor/recipe editor for the professional cooking magazine Master Chef and editorial assistant on both a small cookbook and a large coffee table art book, she combined her passions for food and writing to create and author her blog Life's a Feast in 2008. She also writes for the prestigious Huffington Post as a regular contributor to their Food page since April 2010.
Jamie has been published in the Foodista food blog community’s Best of Food Blogs Cookbook: 100 Great Recipes, Photographs and Voices. She has been featured in CRUSH, South Africa’s on-line food & wine magazine, Joan Nathan’s Notebook & Recipes, Saveur.com and The Kitchn. She writes the column Destination Dessert for The Rambling Epicure and her recipes appear regularly in the Dutch on-line magazine De Glazen Vork.
Jamie has spoken on the topic food writing, voice & style at Food Blogger Connect in London in 2009 and 2010, The South African Food & Wine Blogger’s Indaba in Cape Town in 2011. She is co-founder of From Plate to Page, an intensive, hands-on workshop dedicated to food writing, styling and photographing where she is writing instructor.
Follow Jamie on Twitter @lifesafeast
Find her on Facebook!
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Merry-Jennifer Markham
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Marissa Brassfield!
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Kate McDermott!
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Amy McCoy!
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: ZipList CEO Geoff Allen!
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Craig Walker!
- IFBC NOLA Chef and Speaker Announced: John Besh
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Dianne Jacob!
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Pim Techamuanvivit!
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Deb Perelman!
- Jamie's Peanut Butter Cups
- Jamie Boudreau's Hot Toddy
- Shrimp Étouffée :: Mardi Gras Eats
- Jamie Boudreau's Cognac Cocktail
- Jamie Boudreau Nightschool Cocktail
- Jamie Boudreau Drinking Lessons Cocktail
- Jamie's Guacamole
- Jamie's Southwest Soup
- Ginger Cookies- gluten free, soy free, vegan
- Peppermint Brookie Pies - gluten free, dairy free