How much do you pay for a bottle of vanilla extract? Five dollars, eight dollars, twelve dollars? The price varies depending on the brand but nonetheless it can cost you a pretty penny. By making it at home, it becomes significantly cheaper and you know that you are using a quality product. Vanilla extract is incredibly easy to make at home. All you need is a clear spirit such as vodka, a few vanilla pods, and a container. I suggest buying vanilla beans in bulk because you will use a few per jar. The pods will need to steep for at least a month to extract the maximum flavor. Once the month has passed, strain the liquid into a new bottle and keep the used pods to make more extract. These bottles of homemade extract make great gifts that anyone would love.
1 cup vodka
3 vanilla pods
For full recipe instructions, click below
- Make Your Own Kahlua
- Make Your Own Alcohol Infusions
- Spice Up Your Life: 5 Make Your Own Spice Blends
- Make Your Own Fruit Leather
- 8 Ways To Spice Up Your Homemade Juice Creations
- How to Make Your Own Fancy Ketchup
- Create Your Own Spooky Halloween Bento
- Make Your Own Whoopie Pies
- Make Your Own Frappaccino
- Make Your Own Coconut Kefir
- Vanilla Extract
- Make Your Own Brownie Mix
- Baked Peaches With Blueberry Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream
- Vanilla From Scratch
- How To Make Your Own Rock Candy
- Herbs - Growing Your Own
- Make Your Own Pasta
- Choose-Your-Own-Veggies Frittata!
- Who Said You Need To Pay $4 For A Cupcake When You Can Make Your Own?
- How To Make Your Own Curry