We've heard it all before. Puppies, babies and free food. Those are the only guaranteed marketing slam dunks left in this topsy-turvy world. So when Chick-fil-A's team came up with the promotion, running today, whereupon anyone dressed as a cow gets a free sandwich, we can be certain, high-fives were exchanged all around. But it stinks, and here's why.
The economy is terrible and it's hitting everyone from Real Housewives to Work-a-Day Joe's like you and me where it hurts most, our plates. So for Chick-fil-A to expect people to humiliate themselves for a over-processed piece of chicken on a moist bun topped with three, sad pickles takes some real chutzpah.
If they want to give free sammys, cool. Give them to a shelter or hand them out to working folk on the way to buy lunch. Throw them out of an airplane, for goodness sakes!
Anyone else? Take a look at the promotional video and judge for yourself. Maybe it just requires more of a sense of humor.
- Beaver's Restaurant Offers a Chick-on-Chick Sandwich in Response to Chick-fil-A's Anti-Gay Stance
- Chick-Fil-A Gives Away Free Breakfast
- Chicken Offsets Program Balances Your Conscience and Love of Chick-fil-A Food
- Chick-fil-A Parody Site Mocks the Chain's COO
- Artist Fights Chick-fil-A to Use Phrase 'Eat More Kale'
- More Shocking Bigotry From Chick-Fil-A
- Update on Chick-Fil-A Racist Incident
- Copycat Recipe: Chick-Fil-A Nuggets with Honey Mustard
- Ed Helms Boycotting Chick-fil-A For Homophobic Remarks
- Chick-For-Gay Sandwich is a Pro-LGBT Chicken Sandwich