There are ways to keep from getting food poisoning, and they all involve basic food handling skills: Keep hot things hot, cold things cold, fresh things washed, and everything that touches food, clean.
I can only imagine the difficulty in keeping a famous person's schedule. It is doubtful that their meals resemble anything like a home cooked list of recipes, but that is no excuse for being served less than perfectly handled food. Because their lives are constantly in a state of flux, it is even more important that the fuel they put into their bodies is kept to the highest standards of health and safety.
My recommendation as a mere commoner who loves both stars AND food:
Buy local foods as much as possible
To you and me, this might seem like a dizzying proposition, but don't for a minute think that a bus containing the famous person and their entourage just rolls into the next stop without some preplanning. Especially this time of year, local markets abound. Find them.
Keep things simple
Prepare dishes that are requested without going completely off the norm. Don't create the buffet for the crew and then hope someone eats it before it goes bad. Day old anything has probably spent more time than recommended at the wrong temperature.
Avoid questionable foods
Not the motherly advice that it sounds like. Do not put food into your mouth without knowing that it was only a short way from idea to plate.
Finally, who the heck feeds these people? Their hair and makeup crew seems to be at the top of their game, yet without food, even the most lovely star can't do his or her thing. It seems like their handler's priorities might be a little mixed up.
- 6 Easy Ways to Prevent Food Poisoning
- Toxic Sexually Transmitted Food Poisoning
- How To Prevent and Eliminate Weevils in Your Food
- 60 People Poisoned in Denver Homeless Shelter
- Tyson Recalls 40,000 Pounds of Ground Beef
- Listeria in Cantaloupe Outbreak Worst Since 1924
- Easter Eggs Safety Tips
- Fatal E Coli Outbreak Strikes Germany
- Oysters Cause Cholera Outbreak
- Jennifer Hudson Hospitalized For Food Poisoning
- Aphid Poison
- Poison Apple Punch
- How to Make Chatpati Papdi Chaat
- Video: How to Make Italian Coffee at Home
- Ginger-Orange Stars
- Hidden Valley Ranch Sausage Stars
- Orange Panna Cotta With Saffron and Star Anise
- Always A Star At The Dinner Table- Tiramisu
- Pork Loin Roast With Crackling - Co-Star Christmas Dish
- Braised Lamb Shanks With Coriander, Fennel and Star Anise