Olive Garden has put the kibosh on fries and milkshakes in its updated, healthier kids' menu. The Italian chain restaurant now offers smoothies and grapes instead, marking a dramatic change inspired by customer feedback.
"Olive Garden is being preemptive in making the type of changes it's making. It puts them ahead of the pack as far as their willingness to offer healthier foods for kids," said Atlanta menu consultant Nancy Kruse. "The [change from the] milkshake to smoothie is not a quantum leap, but a smart incremental step."
The healthier kids' menu at Olive Garden is currently being rolled out at its 754 restaurants nationwide. Are you impressed with these menu changes, or are they just drops in the proverbial bucket?
- Kids LiveWell Initiative Brings Healthier Kids' Meals to 15,000 Restaurants
- IHOP "Kids Eat Free" Promo Returns for August
- Cheesecake Factory "SkinnyLicious" Menu Contains Healthier Options
- McRib Returns in December
- KFC Adds Chicken Pot Pie To Their Menu
- McDonald's Launches Mighty Wings Sept. 13
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Easy Entertaining: 3 Must-Try Gluten Free Appetizers
- Restaurant Chains on Social Media Infographic Shows Brands' Presence Online
- Applebee's Food Truck Jumps the Shark
- Horseradish and Garden Vegetable Dip
- Easy Skillet Garden Lasagna
- Kids' Favorite Bar Cookies
- Kids' Crafts: Create spooky peanut spiders
- Spring Fresh Pasta
- Make Olive Garden’s Delicious Pasta Fagioli At Home
- Flower Garden Aglio Oiio With Caviar
- Roasted Garden Vegetables with Garlic and Rosemary
- Roasted-Baked Garden Vegetables with Garlic and Rosemary
- Fresh Garden Tomato Sauce with Grilled Button Mushrooms!!!