We're thrilled that Poppy Tooker will lead the Sustainable Eating session at the International Food Blogger Conference in New Orleans!
Food personality, culinary teacher and author, Poppy Tooker is passionate about food and the people who bring it to the table. Poppy brings all of these elements to the table in her weekly radio show, “Louisiana Eats” which airs on WWNO-FM, the New Orleans NPR affiliate.
Poppy’s on-camera flair has made her a sought after guest on the Food Network and the History Channel. She provides weekly restaurant commentary on the PBS show, “Steppin’ Out” seen on WYES TV. Her book, “The Crescent City Farmers Market Cookbook” received a Tabasco cookbook award and as named “Cookbook of the Year” by New Orleans Magazine.
With her motto, “Eat It To Save It”, Poppy has been instrumental in reviving many endangered foods and food traditions. She was recognized by the Times Picayune as a “Hero of the Storm” for her work reviving New Orleans restaurants and food providers following Hurricane Katrina. The International Association of Cooking Professionals recognized Poppy’s rebuilding efforts at their annual conference in April 2008, with their first ever, Community Service Award.
For over 25 years Poppy’s classes have centered on history and tradition as well as the food science reasons of why and how while remaining eminently entertaining. Food and Wine magazine described Poppy’s teaching techniques by saying "She may wear ceramic red beans in her ears and make finger puppets out of crawfish, but her class is certainly no joke. Rather, it compels you to take reams of notes so as not to forget a single nugget of her fascinating culinary wisdom."
- IFBC NOLA Chef and Speaker Announced: John Besh
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Jamie Schler!
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Dianne Jacob!
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Merry-Jennifer Markham
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Pim Techamuanvivit!
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Marissa Brassfield!
- IFBC NOLA Chef and Speaker Announced: John Folse!
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Deb Perelman!
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Joe Girard of Rouxbe!
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Amy McCoy!
- Lemon-Poppy Seed Cookies
- Shrimp Étouffée :: Mardi Gras Eats
- Layered Poppy Seed Pastries
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake
- Orange Poppy Seed Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Poppy Macarons
- Fruit Salad and Poppy Seed Dressing
- Orange - Poppy Seed Dressing
- Orange and Poppy Seed Cupcakes With Passionfruit Butter Cream