First Lady Michelle Obama's signature issue has been promoting efforts to fight childhood obesity and her "Let's Move!" campaign. So it was with a certain amount of glee Washington Post reporter Natalie Jennings noted Michelle Obama's Shake Shack lunch Monday that included a cheeseburger, fries, a chocolate shake and Diet Coke. That's 1,556 calories, for those keeping track at home.
We all do it. Admit it! You've ordered the cheeseburger and fries and then insisted on the Diet Coke. Hey, cut where you can!
Actually, how good does a Shake Shack cheeseburger, fries and a shake sound now?
The FIrst Lady responed with a level-headed "Eveything in moderation."
- First Lady Urges the Food Industry to Continue Getting Healthier
- Michelle Obama to Appear on 'The Biggest Loser'
- Michelle Obama Food Book Coming April 2012
- Michelle Obama Talks Food and Family on BET
- 5 Changes Made by Michelle Obama's Let's Move! Campaign
- Download Free White House Cookbook
- Do You Live in a Food Desert?
- Mrs. O Wants to Help You Start a Community Garden
- Breakthrough Moment in Restaurant Industry
- Families to Learn From White House Chefs at Annual Egg Roll