The latest element of Pepsi's "Summer Time is Pepsi Time" campaign, which I've covered here and here, is an integration with Foursquare that essentially turns predetermined spots all over the world into an interactive promotion. Foursquare users can check into these spots, which range from ballparks to pools and beaches, to "unlock summer fun" and earn badges, which qualify them for prize sweepstakes.
Shiv Singh, the head of digital at PepsiCo Beverages, says that Foursquare users will be more motivated by the exclusivity of the branded badges than the prizes themselves. "We call it 'badge equity,'" he told Marketing Daily.
- Pepsi Uses Santa to Take a Stab at Coke With "Summer Time is Pepsi Time" Commercial
- Uncle Teddy Ad for the "Summer Time is Pepsi Time" Campaign Uses Coca-Cola Polar Bears
- New Pepsi Max Ad Stars New York Jets
- Pepsi Japan to Release Pepsi Special
- Pepsi MAX Field of Dreams Team Contest Lets You Play Against MLB All-Stars
- Pepsi Dry Bitter Cola Announced for Japan
- Beyonce Strikes a $50 Million Deal with Pepsi
- Pepsi Launching New Soda in 2012
- The Mountain Dew Throwback Shack Inspires Nostalgia
- Domino's Times Square Billboard Shows Real-Time Customer Feedback