Arugula or rocket lettuce, as it is sometimes called, is a peppery green that has become popular in the last few years. This lettuce was first cultivated in the Mediterranean and later brought to the US by Italian immigrants. Arugula is more than a salad green, it is as versatile as any herb or leafy vegetable. It's flavor is most distinctive when eaten raw but arugula is also delicious sauteed in olive oil and garlic. Here are five recipes for this feisty lettuce.
Arugula replaces basil in this classic Italian raw sauce.
Parmesan and Arugula Pasta
The wilted arugula adds a peppery flavor to this rich pasta dish.
Pizza With Carmalized Onions, Pancetta, Gorgonzola, and Arugula
Fresh arugula is tossed in olive oil and lemon before being placed on a bubbling pizza.
Watermelon, Feta, and Arugula Salad
A summertime salad that is as refreshing as it is tasty.
Potato Salad with Arugula and Dijon Vinaigrette
A lighter version of potato salad that explodes with intense flavors.
- BiCE Offers a Gold-Leafed Plate of Pasta for $2,000
- 4 Vegetarian Recipes with a Pop of Pesto
- Avocado Pesto Pasta Salad and Other Summer Pasta Salads
- Amazing Baked Avocado Chicken Parmigiana
- Easy and Refreshing Watermelon Granita
- Grilled Garlic Herb Shrimp and Other Summer Shrimp Dishes
- Grilled Chicken BLT Burger and Other Recipes with Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato
- Amazing Homemade Lemon Salt Potato Chip Recipe
- 5 Must-Try Baked Pasta Dishes
- The Most Amazing Chicken Panini
- Garlicky Shrimp Pasta With Arugula Salad
- Arugula Walnut Pesto
- Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe
- Tortellini With Arugula & Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Arugula & Feta Pasta
- Arugula Salad
- Long Fusilli With Italian Sausages
- Pasta with Peas and Italian Sausage
- Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon Patties With Spicy Arugula Salad
- Pear, Arugula, Prosciutto & Herb Cheese Tortilla Pizza