Arugula or rocket lettuce, as it is sometimes called, is a peppery green that has become popular in the last few years. This lettuce was first cultivated in the Mediterranean and later brought to the US by Italian immigrants. Arugula is more than a salad green, it is as versatile as any herb or leafy vegetable. It's flavor is most distinctive when eaten raw but arugula is also delicious sauteed in olive oil and garlic. Here are five recipes for this feisty lettuce.
Arugula replaces basil in this classic Italian raw sauce.
Parmesan and Arugula Pasta
The wilted arugula adds a peppery flavor to this rich pasta dish.
Pizza With Carmalized Onions, Pancetta, Gorgonzola, and Arugula
Fresh arugula is tossed in olive oil and lemon before being placed on a bubbling pizza.
Watermelon, Feta, and Arugula Salad
A summertime salad that is as refreshing as it is tasty.
Potato Salad with Arugula and Dijon Vinaigrette
A lighter version of potato salad that explodes with intense flavors.
- Amazing One-Pot Pasta Bolognese
- Avocado and Corn Fritter Burgers and Other Amazing Avocado Recipes
- BiCE Offers a Gold-Leafed Plate of Pasta for $2,000
- 4 Vegetarian Recipes with a Pop of Pesto
- Avocado Pesto Pasta Salad and Other Summer Pasta Salads
- Easy and Refreshing Watermelon Granita
- Amazing Baked Avocado Chicken Parmigiana
- Copycat Recipes: Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
- Perfect One Pot Pasta Recipes for Any Night of The Week
- Cabernet Burgers and 4 More Uses for Leftover Red Wine
- Garlicky Shrimp Pasta With Arugula Salad
- Arugula Walnut Pesto
- Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe
- Arugula & Feta Pasta
- Tortellini With Arugula & Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Arugula Salad
- Long Fusilli With Italian Sausages
- Pasta with Peas and Italian Sausage
- Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon Patties With Spicy Arugula Salad
- Pear, Arugula, Prosciutto & Herb Cheese Tortilla Pizza