Cooking is a labor of love; especially when cooking something that you don't like the taste of. That is the story of beets.
I only allow beets into my home in this one form. Because my husband loves them, I pickle beets, and then he eats them out of my view. Seriously, I can not stand even the smell of this veg, and it has been a lifelong affliction.
So, back to the beets. This Spiced Pickled Beet recipe is labor intensive, since you have to slip the skins before canning, but it isn't difficult, just time consuming. Choose beets that are pretty small - golf ball size are perfect. Enjoy!
- It's National Pickle Day!
- Canning and Preserving: Pickled Brussels Sprouts
- Pickled Brussels Sprouts
- Rooftop Gardens Go Greenhouse
- Spicy Pickled Jalapenos
- Hot Peppers In The Garden
- From The Garden - Canned Tomatoes
- Seasonal Eating: Carrot Marmalade
- Pickling Green Beans
- Taste of Summer: Easy Zesty Bread and Butter Pickles