This week, KFC publicly extended a job offer to Dwyane Wade after the Miami Heat guard tweeted, "Any1 hiring?" in response to the NBA lockout. The open letter to Wade, which TMZ posted here, reads in part, "We're always looking for folks with precisely your qualifications -- initiative, teamwork and the ability to make buckets in a hurry."
Incidentally, long before Dwyane Wade made it to the NBA, he worked at KFC. General manager John Cywinski, who wrote the letter, acknowledges that the chicken chain can't match Wade's salary, but offers to instead make a donation to the Colonel's Scholars charity in Wade's name. What do you think about this KFC PR stunt?
- Amid Heat Wave, Toronto Star Videographer Tries to Cook Beef Roast in Car
- Dallas Mavericks' $110,000 Bar Tab
- KFC Japan's Potato Chips are Available for a Finger Lickin' Limited Time
- KFC Philippines Offers Mac & Cheese Bites
- LeBron James Adds Sheets Energy Strips to His NBA Finals Routine
- Weird Wednesday Links: LEGO Mugs, NFL Lockout Food Writers and Vegan Prison Food
- 'CSI: Miami' Cupcakes
- KFC Japan Offers Deep Fried Soup
- KFC China Releases Irish Cream Chicken for "Taste of Ireland" Promo
- The KFC Philippines Cheese Top Burger is a Silly Sandwich