The Greenhorns is a grass-roots organization, and they are on a mission to recruit, promote, and support a new generation of farmers. They organize events, communities, share skills, and help navigate career paths.
The Greenhorns have just released an inspiring new film about young farmers who aren't satisfied relying on Big Ag for their food. These young people are learning how to farm sustainably and putting the responsibility of feeding themselves into their own hands.
- The Future of American Meat
- Get Your BS in Sustainable Agriculture
- Cooking up a FEEST for the Youth
- 5th Grade Farmer Runs Own Market Biz
- Young Activist Takes on KFC
- Farmers Market Bill At Risk
- Conflicting Views on Next Generation of Farmers
- Buy Local 101 - What is a Food Hub?
- Farm Aid 2011 A Voice For Small Farms
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Urban Farming Tumblr Blogs
- The Big Mama, Big Bang, Big Kahuna Burger
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Golden Beets
- Sweet Potato Pizza
- Apple, Beet, Fennel, and Sunchoke Salad
- Egg Foo Young
- Chicken Soup With Bitter Gourd and Young Pineapple
- Stir Fry Sliced Pork With Young Ginger and Spring Onion - Featured In Group Recipes
- Fresh Fava Beans With Young Pecorino Cheese
- Young Coconut Avocado Smoothie
- Young peas and kohlrabi with dill