Now don't get me wrong, I'm as much of a potato-phile as the next person (okay, probably more than average) but sometimes you just want something fun to french fry! From zucchini to avocado, here are five fantastic recipes for french fried veggies that aren't potatoes.
Baked Zucchini Fries
A great way to use this seasonal summer squash.
Beer Battered Asparagus
Just in case asparagus couldn't get any tastier...
Avocado Bacon Fries
Bacon. Fried. Avocado. What more do you nee?!
Crispy Baked Parsnip Fries
A little sweet, a little spicy and with just a hint of lime - perfect for summertime.
Crunchy Eggplant Fries
Baked and beautiful, these fries will make you rethink the awesomeness of aubergines.
- Seasonal Eating: Grilled Asparagus with a Fried Egg and Ricotta Salata
- Wheatless Wednesday: Fried Green Tomatoes
- Un-Fried French Fries
- 4 Vegetarian Recipes with a Pop of Pesto
- Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken and Other Comforting Chicken Dishes
- Southern Fried Green Tomatoes
- Amazing Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
- Sandwich Week: Fried Green Tomato Sandwiches
- How to Make Avocado Fries
- How-To Recipe: Garlic French Fries
- Cream Of Anything Soup Base
- Baby Bok Choy Stir Fry
- Fried cauliflower.
- Easy shredded pie with cherries (or jam, or berries, anything)
- Fried Zucchini
- Latkes; Fried Vegetable Pancakes from Europe and the Middle East
- Kale, Shrimp and Scallop Stir Fry
- How To Make Fried Chicken Without Frying?
- Tilapia Stir Fry With Orange and Ginger Sauce
- Japanese Style Shrimp Stir Fry (or Ebi(エビ) Yakasobe(やかそべ)) with Ramen Noodles