Pincher's Crab Shack, a chain of seafood restaurants in Florida, is suing Wendy's over its "You can't fake fresh" slogan. Wendy's has been using the slogan in its latest commercials, and Pincher's Crab Shack representatives say that this infringes on its trademark.
"Our client worked hard to create [the slogan] and our legal team worked hard to protect it and to successfully register it," said Jennifer Whitelaw, a Naples attorney who represents Pincher's Crab Shack. "Admiring our client's mark is understandable, but this is a bit more admiration than what the law allows." Naples News reporters confirmed that Phelan Holdings Inc. registered "You can't fake fresh" as a trademark on Feb. 16, 2010.
Whitelaw and Pincher's Crab Shack are looking for over $2 million in damages, fees, and profits and advantages from Wendy's use of the slogan.
- Wendy's Japan Offers Lobster and Caviar Burger on Premium Menu
- Subway and Wendy's Plan to Beef Up Presence in China
- Wendy's Faces Enormous Identity Crisis
- Wendy's Could Become Number 2 Burger Chain
- Wendy's Japan Offers Crazy Sandwiches
- Wendy's Foie Gras Burger Ruffles Feathers
- Apple Going After Tiny German Cafe
- Maker's Mark Red Wax Seal Ruled a Valid Trademark
- John Slattery Drinks Fake Gibsons on Set of 'Mad Men'
- Parents Sue Four Loko After Son's Death
- Wendy's Tasty Cole Slaw
- Fake White Castles
- Fake Jambalaya
- Fake Fried Egg
- Wendys Chili
- Prune Cake - Don't Turn Up Your Nose, It's Better Than You'd Ever Think!!!
- Chestnut 'paté'
- Sophie's Summer Salad With Roasted Plums, Sheep's Feta, Pine Nuts, Prosciutto & A Plum Dressing !
- Ham 'n' Swiss Chicken
- Honey 'n' Oats Bread