The fact that corn syrup is not a health food is not breaking news, but it can still be found in a large variety of processed and fast foods. A few years ago, the industry made some commercials to show that corn syrup is perfectly safe. It's made from corn, after all.
Aside from the fact that the syrup is made from highly subsidized GMO corn, it's also quite toxic for the human body. At first, I was laughing at the video, but then it just became sad. It's amazing what is allowed to get passed off as food in our world.
- Our Fat Future
- Fresh Summer Salads
- Op-Ed: Why the Paula Deen Diabetes Debacle Matters for Food Bloggers
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Chia Pet Pudding
- How Splenda is Deceiving You
- Junk Food Makes Your Brain Hurt
- Lick Your Sugar Habit with Veggie Juice
- Gluten Free Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Nutrition Fraud: Diabetes Safe Pasta Too Good To Be True