Walnuts are a nutrient powerhouse; they are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, including DHA which is not found in many foods. There are countless studies which show that walnuts do support brain and heart health, and may even slow down tumor growth. Diamond walnuts packaging contained some of these health benefits, and apparently that makes them drug pushers in the eyes of the FDA.
“Based on claims made on your firm’s website, we have determined that your walnut products are promoted for conditions that cause them to be drugs because these products are intended for use in the prevention, mitigation, and treatment of disease".
Of course, the great irony is that the FDA allows potato chips to call themselves heart healthy! This is yet another example of just how out of control the FDA really is. The founder of modern medicine, Hippocrates, said "let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food". Clearly, this does not apply to walnuts.
- Elderberry is FDA's Latest "Contraband"
- FDA Resurrects Food Dye Debate
- Muscle Milk Gets FDA Warning
- Domino's Pizza CEO Balks at FDA Calorie-Posting Regulations
- Clean Living Tuesday: 10 Things you Thought Were Good for you
- The Sweet Taste of Freedom
- Junk Food Makes Your Brain Hurt
- Kentucky Goes Raw
- Doctors on Drugs?!
- Super Sewage Shrimp
- Brain and Heart Food- Fish Dish
- Healthy Fall Dessert: Baked apples with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.
- Herbed Brioche Stuffing With Fig & Walnut
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Fall Farro Salad with Pomegranate, Walnut & Truffles
- Fresh Fig, Walnut, Rosemary Upside Down Cake And A Crisp Citrusy Chardonnay
- Arugula Walnut Pesto
- Maple Walnut Scotch Eggs
- Curried Tofu and Kale Stir Fry
- Red Cabbage Coleslaw With Tahini Dressing