GMO seeds are banned in Hungary, and to show that they mean business, the country destroyed 1,000 acres of GMO maize. Seed traders are required to make sure that there are no GMOs, but the government will keep checking for banned crops.
The bad news is really for the farmers, because it's too late in the season to plant new crops. This year's harvest is lost, and the farmers aren't even sure how the GMO seeds came to be.
Aside from the loss to the farmers, let's hope that other countries follow suit and get rid of these franken crops once and for all!
- Kenya Buying GM Maize Flour
- Nothing Is Sacred - A GM Apple
- US Ends Opposition to GM Labeling
- Australia's GMO Secret
- GMO Consumers Have a Right to Know
- GM Sweetcorn On The Way
- China Rejects GMO American Corn
- Germany Approves GM Potato Trial
- Lil Girl Mickey Dees Smack Down
- Contact FDA for GMO Deathblow