I am a visual person. You can make me listen with a good word, but I will definitely try something if I can look at it, especially when it comes to cooking.
Recently, the book Yes, You Can! And Freeze and Dry It, Too by Daniel Gasteiger, came across my desk. It is a book about every sort of food preservation that you can think of, and after reading it cover to cover, I had to share!
There are a couple of things that make this book stand apart from the traditional canning guide. For one, the photography is outstanding! Each photo is just what you need to understand the preservation method. I especially appreciate the photos of frozen foods. It is so helpful to see how something is going to change visually, and still be done correctly.
Second, the information is succinct and interesting. From basic tips about saving money (a book after my own, frugal heart), to not so basic tips on making unique foods from everyday items - Dried Tomato Basil Treats; I am talking to you! Yes, You Can! is packed with information, taking you from garden to pantry. This is a must have book for anyone who loves to play with their food. Check it out!
- Free Book Giveaway - Yes You Can ! By Daniel Gasteiger
- Canning And Preserving, All in One
- How To Dry Pears
- Pizza On A Stick? Yes, It's Possible. Here's The Recipe!
- Free Book Giveaway: Canning and Preserving For Dummies
- Review: The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook
- The Big Chill: Safely Freezing & Defrosting Food
- Ann Gentry's Vegan Family Meals: A Review
- Technique: Freezing Tofu
- 6 Jam-Packed Pickling and Preserving Cookbooks