Maria Sonnenberg of Florida Today recently interviewed chef Dan Coudreaut, the director of culinary innovation for McDonald's USA, about the future of fast food, projected menu items at McDonald's and obesity. Among the juicy tidbits Coudreaut shares with Sonnenberg is that the Golden Arches' biggest sellers are the double cheeseburger and fries. He also indicates that in the near future, McDonald's is going to offer "more choices" on the menu.
When asked for his response to the allegation that fast food chains promote obesity, Coudreaut said, "Our menu is not unhealthy. What is unhealthy is lacking moderation in our diets. I have two young children and as a father, I'm the one making the food choices for them."
Read more of the interview with Coudreaut at Florida Today. Do you agree with his spin on the McDonald's menu?
- Mickey D's Humanizes Fast Food With "The A-Z of McDonald's"
- 10 Bizarre McDonald's Branding Moves
- McDonald's to Serve Certified-Sustainable Fish
- Inside the McDonald's Hamburger University
- McDonald's China to Open One Restaurant a Day by 2015
- McDonald's Test Seasoned Fries
- McDonald's Wine Pairings: Confessions of a Big Mac Lover
- Fast Food Chains Redesign Restaurant Interiors
- McDonald's Dollar Menu No Longer Includes Fries
- McDonald's Reflective Billboard Casts a New Light on Outdoor Advertising
- Button Mushrooms stuffed with minced meat with lemon basil and grapes.
- Vegan spicy sautéed mushrooms in 10 minutes.
- Buckwheat and pork soup
- Healthy Fall Dessert: Baked apples with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.
- Steamed fishballs with lemon basil
- Delicious homemade pasta with fried pork and fresh lemon basil
- How to Make Chatpati Papdi Chaat
- Pork liver meatballs with lemon basil
- Chicken with caramelized apple sauce
- Apple and carrot delicious 2 minute salad.