Naturally eggless and gluten free, panna cotta (literally "cooked cream") is a flan-like Italian dessert made from sweetened cream and gelatin. Often flavored with vanilla bean or instant coffee, this rich and creamy dessert is incredibly easy and incomparably elegant. Traditionally, the vanilla custard is served with fresh fruit or a sweet-tart fruit compote (like balsamic strawberries or port-poached cherries) to balance the sweetness of the cream. Here are 5 fantastic recipes for this simple summertime dessert!
Vanilla Panna Cotta with Raspberry-Rose Sauce
In addition to being incredibly aromatic, this recipe is as simple as it is sophisticated.
Chocolate Panna Cotta with Port-Balsamic Cherries
The ultimate trifecta of wine, chocolate and cherries combine in this decadent dessert. (Translated)
Honey-Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Grilled Apricots
The perfect balance of sweet & sour make for a luscious dessert.
Almond Panna Cotta with Berry Coulis
Using almond milk instead of cream, this vegan & dairy free version is simply sinful. GFCF
Irish Cream Panna Cotta with Mocha Ganache
Need I say more? Gluten free? Be sure to use GF Irish Cream (like St. Brendan's or Carolans).
- Homemade Allergy Friendly Gnocchi
- 5 Must Try Olive Recipes
- Must Try! Chicken Under a Brick
- Classic Julia Child: Poulet Saute aux Herbes de Provence, GFCF
- Best Gluten Free Stuffed Pepper Recipes
- Seasonal Sunday: 5 Best Herb Infused Sorbets
- Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon, Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Rice Soup with Sage
- Gluten Free Foodie Friday: 3 Must Try Recipes
- Julia Child's Classic Sole Meuniere
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Mac n Cheese-gluten free, dairy free, soy free, vegan
- Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread
- Gluten Free Yellow Cake And Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Gluten Free Flour Tortillas
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake Muffins
- Gluten Free Angel Food Cake