Canning tomatoes is such a fun chore. If you think that no tomato can taste as great as it does from the garden, these are going to surprise you. Make store bought canned tomatoes hide their faces in shame - do your own!
Before you start, note that now it is recommended that you add extra acid to your canned tomatoes. I know, it seems like overkill, but my feeling is that this stems from the weird FrankenTomatoes, picked before they are even ready and then shipped to grocery stores near you. If you are growing heirloom tomatoes to ripe perfection, I doubt the extra acid is necessary. I do add it now, and it doesn't change the taste, so it's no big deal.
So, check out the recipe for canned tomatoes and send me a thank you email this winter, while you and the family are enjoying the taste of sunshine.
- The Frugal Pantry: How To Can Turkey
- Hot Peppers In The Garden
- How To Can Pears
- How To Can Tomatoes
- Back Yard Gardeners: Time To Start Your Seeds
- Tattler Reusable BPA Free Canning Lids
- Canning And Preserving, All in One
- From The Garden - Rebel Corn Recipe
- Pickled Brussels Sprouts
- Canning and Preserving: Pickled Brussels Sprouts