270,000 organic farmers are standing up to the massive bully and big Ag giant, Monsanto. The battle to preserve organic food on planet Earth is on. This is welcome news, considering that the Obama White House now plays for team Monsanto.
The Organic Seed Growers and Trade Association is leading the battle to protect organic farmers from being sued for patent infringement, due to their crops being contaminated with Monsanto seeds.
As Dan Ravicher, director of Public Patent Foundation, points out “it’s actually in Monsanto’s financial interest to eliminate organic seed so that they can have a total monopoly over our food supply.”
It's scary how close they are to making this dream a reality. We must keep voting with our dollars and supporting sustainable local farms as much as possible.
- Organic vs Monsanto Infographic
- Get Your BS in Sustainable Agriculture
- The GMO Film Project
- Fab Five Friday: Blog Round Up
- Thanks Monsanto - Now Farmers Have To Weed By Hand
- Celebrate Local Markets
- Support New Farmers and Ranchers
- What Does Fair Trade Really Mean?
- We Soy Don't Need Anymore Monsanto Crops
- Urban Farms Booming in the Bronx
- Chocolate Spelt Cake
- Latkes; Fried Vegetable Pancakes from Europe and the Middle East
- Fig and Gorgonzola Bites
- Will's Extra Special Marinade
- Grilled Barramundi
- Organic Berry Crostata
- How To Make Organic Lemon Curd
- How To Make Organic Raspberry Curd
- Organic Banana Bread
- Pickled Green Beans With Ginger and Lemongrass