What is the Big C with Low Carb eating? No it’s not cancer, but rather convenience. In order to be successful with a low carb lifestyle, you must make like a boy scout and be prepared! This means keeping healthy low carb snacks and convenience foods on hand.
One of my favorite convenience foods are meatballs. Beef meatballs, chicken meatballs, lamb meatballs, turkey meatballs -- the possibilities are endless! Meatballs are more than spaghetti's perfect mate: virtually every culture has some type of meatball variation making it difficult to get bored with the idea. But here's the catch: most recipes have bread crumbs or flour to help them maintain shape and texture. What to do if you're low carb? Honestly I just leave out the breadcrumbs or add almond flour -- experimentation is key.
But how are meatballs convenient? Make double and triple batches! Turn up the stereo, pour a glass of wine and roll, baby, roll! Fill gallon-sized freezer bags with cooked meatballs, pop 'em in the freezer and when you need a quick snack, lunch or dinner it’s a snap to pull out 4 or 5 meatballs and reheat. Voila!
If you find that your meatballs just aren't holding together without bread crumbs, try substituting ¼ cup almond flour for every 2 pounds of meat.
Super Fast Sausage Meatballs
Sans breadcrumbs for incredible ease.
Moroccan Meatballs with Olives
Ethnic, tasty and super easy.
Naturally bread-less, these meatballs are baked not fried.
Perfect for sandwiches or over a salad with sour cream and salsa!
Spicy Indian Meatballs (Chotte Kofta)
Spiced with coriander and garam masala, all you need is a creamy curry and you're good to go!
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Summer Grilling: Basil Lemon Veal Chops
- Gluten Free Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- Low Carb Living: Eggs On The Run
- 5 Must Try Spaghetti Squash Recipes
- Low Carb Diet and Diabetes
- Low Carb Mustard Recipes
- Low-Carb Chicken Breasts with Fresh Sage and Mushrooms
- Must Try! Chicken Under a Brick
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Pesto Zucchini "Spaghetti"
- Maple & Curry Acorn Squash
- Mustard & Thyme Butter
- Gluten Free Pumpkin & Pepita Coffee Cake
- Sugar Free Gluten Free Mini Peppermint Cream Puffs
- Feel Good Brownies
- Seared Scallops With Wilted Greens
- Turkish Eggs
- Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Caper Cream Sauce