Garrett Williams is only 11, but he has already gone far beyond the concept of doing a few chores for your allowance. This 5th grader grows veggies on two and half acres, and then sells them weekly at his local farmers market.
Most people assume that Garrett works for his dad, who also happens to be a farmer. Although, dad does help him with some of the legal aspects such as insurance for his truck or signing documents, the business is truly Garrett's.
Instead of playing video games, he spends his free time weeding, marketing, selling, and growing quality produce. His parents have encouraged him to play sports and be a normal kid, but he is truly driven by his passion for farming.
Garrett has a vision of growing the business as much as it can, even after he leaves school. His parent's believe that he is unstoppable, and I would say that they are right.
- Seasonal Sunday: May 1 - 7
- Get Your BS in Sustainable Agriculture
- Seasonal Sunday April 10 - 16
- Shameless Use of Farmers' Markets by Quiznos
- A View Of The Fall Farmers Market - Video
- Just Say NO to Monsanto Running the FDA
- Farmer's Markets go Mobile
- Vote For Your Favorite Farmers' Market
- Fab Five Friday, Blog Round Up
- The Importance of The Market
- Heirloom Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- Roasted Beet Salad With Orange Wedges
- Radish & Snap Pea Quinoa Salad
- Winter Recipes: Ruttabaga and Turnip Slaw
- Taiwanese Smoked Duck Noodle Soup
- Island Haddock simmered in a spicey green curry sauce, inspired by P.E.I.
- Construction Grade Gingerbread
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Golden Beets
- Tacos in mini cups
- Run Over By The Donut Truck