We are familiar with the Pepperidge Farm's white and orange package containing fish shaped crackers. It was a classic childhood snack that I still like munching on until this day. While doing my daily tour of different food blogs, I came across this posting by Miss Anthropist's Kitchen. She turns this store bought snack into a homemade one. She even shows the reader how to make a fish cookie cutter without spending a lot of money. This is a fun project to do with your kids and a great snack to pack in their lunches when they go back to school. Click the link below to read the recipe and cookie cutter instructions.
1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
4 tablespoon(s) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (I used salted butter, but didn’t add any salt afterward)
8 ounce(s) grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese (around 2 cups). Note: you can experiment with other cheeses. Some people have tried this and loved the results!
3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
1/8 teaspoon onion powder (note: this is optional since it isn’t part of the original recipe, but I decided to add anyway since I used it)
1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh-ground pepper
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Stuffing Cookies are a Post-Turkey Treat
- 5 Snack Items You Can Make Yourself
- Pot of Gold Caramel Apples Will Make Any Leprechaun Happy
- Gold Irish Butter & Oats Sandwich Cookies
- Pot of Gold Cake Pops are a Lucky St. Patrick's Day Treat
- Former Miss France Cindy Fabre Wears Gladiator Bikini Made With 300 Pieces of Chocolate
- Glittery Graduate Gold Stars
- Pot of Gold Cake Pops Are Lovely Leprechaun Lollies
- Red Velvet Waffles with Cream Cheese Icing
- Meta Pizza is Topped With Pizza-Flavored Junk Food
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Baked bread rings stuffed with meat and cheese.
- Big Thick Pork Chops Stuffed With Rosemary, Mushrooms and Goat Cheese
- Grilled Steak Stuffed With Colorful Swiss Chard and Creamy Blue Cheese
- Christmas Goat Cheese Ball
- Potatoes and Asparagus With Light Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- Cauliflower, Leek and Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Eggs With Ham and Asparagus Casserole
- Spinach and Beet Green Salad With Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- Flank Steak Stuffed With Mushrooms and Feta Cheese