Polenta, the Italian version of grits, is essentially coarsely ground cornmeal. Often prepared as either a mush (like Southern grits) instead of mashed potatoes or pasta, or cooked into a solid roll to be sliced and pan fried or baked. While polenta is often dressed up as a savory side dish, it can just as easily be drizzled with maple syrup or honey and eaten for breakfast -- or baked into a cake! Polenta cakes are rich and moist, like your favorite cornbread and the best yellow cake you can think of came together and created this beautiful hybrid! Here are 5 fantastic recipes to introduce you to this delicious dessert!
Mandarin Polenta and Macadamia Cake
This incredibly rich (and flourless!) cake is naturally gluten free and quite tasty.
Lemon Polenta Cake
Quick and easy, perfect for entertaining.
Pistachio Polenta Cake with Mandarin Syrup and Figs
Nutty, lightly sweet and just the right amount of citrus!
Orange Coconut Polenta Cake
Simple and sugar free - easily dairy free (substitute Earthbalance) and gluten free (substitute gluten free flour) - talk about versatile!
Polenta Poundcake with Honey-Lemon Pears
Moist and flavorful, featuring fresh pears for a distinctly Italian flavor. Simply substitute your favorite gluten free flour blend!
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- Sunday Baking: Gluten Free Cake Pop Recipes
- Gluten Free Almond-Elderflower Tea Cakes with Lemon Thyme Icing
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- 5 Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- 5 Sinfully Delicious Vegan Chocolate Desserts
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- 5 Must Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookie Recipes - Allergy Friendly
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Gluten Free Yellow Cake And Cupcakes
- Tex-Mex Polenta Rounds with Chunky Guacamole
- TWD: Johnny Cake Cobbler, with a dash of cranberries
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake Muffins
- Gluten Free Angel Food Cake
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Gluten Free Polenta Cakes with Dried Cranberries
- Gluten Free Persimmon Walnut Bread