Tarts, defined as an open-topped dish consisting of a pastry shortcrust filled with <blank>, can be sweet or savory and are perfect for summer! With a good pie crust recipe at the ready, the options are limitless -- and half the hassle of a double-crusted pie! Like tarts, galettes (pictured above) are rustric, open faced pies - again, either sweet or savory - where a pie crust is laid down free form, filled, and the edges folded up halfway to form a simple, elegant dish. Perfect for summer fruits and veggies, tarts and galettes are incredibly easy to assemble and made for sharing! Here are a few of my favorite recipes for these very versatile dishes -- all gluten free!
White Nectarine and Pineapple Sage Galette
Ready in an hour (including 30 minutes of chill-time!) this herb-infused galette is a symbol of summertime.
Almond Plum Tart
A perfect end-of-summer treat, just substitute your favorite gluten free flour blend for the AP flour in this recipe!
Heirloom Tomato and Goat Cheese Galette
The ideal savory galette featuring sweet sun-ripened tomatoes, salty goat cheese and a down-and-dirty quinoa crust.
Chocolate Lavender Tarts
Do I even need to say it? YUM!
Grapefruit Curd Tartelettes
Mini-tarts filled with creamy-citrusy goodness - great on a hot summer day.
Sweet Tomato and Cream Cheese Tart
Using sweet tomato (or any!) jam and a delicious cream cheese filling, this tart is summer in a crust.
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Celiac Saturday: Eggplant Artichoke Galette
- 3 Tasty Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipes
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Best Ever Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir & Hibiscus
- Gluten Free Pecan Pie 3 Ways
- 3 Rad Raw Recipes - Gluten Free Too!
- Gluten Free Shepherd's Pie - Dairy Free + GFCF
- Mushroom Madness - 6 Must Try Gluten Free Recipes
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Eggplant & Artichoke Heart Galettes
- Roasted Root Vegetable Galette with Chèvre and Thyme
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Leeky Colcannon
- Roasted Apple and Butternut Galette With Mustard-Maple Glaze
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Upside-Down Vegetarian Apple and Cinnamon Pie
- Chocolate Blueberry Cream Pie
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill