Eating local produce at it's seasonal peak is good for the environment and for your body. If those green beans were picked yesterday, then they are going to have many more nutrients than if they were picked two weeks ago. Produce that gets shipped thousands of miles takes a few weeks to make it to your table.
- Fab Five Friday, Blog Round Up
- Why You Can't Afford NOT to Eat a Healthy Diet
- Brooklyn Farmyards
- Tumblr Tuesday: KAFCA, the King's Alternative Food Cooperative Association
- A Bright Idea for Local Food
- Edible Radio
- Cooking up a FEEST for the Youth
- 5 Tips for Healthy and Sustainable Eating on a Budget
- School Lunches go Farm to Table
- What is an Earth Market?