A perfect summer dish! Refreshing citrus flavors, naturally lean veal chops and a spicy Dijon mustard glaze - yummy!
Basil Lemon Grilled Veal Chops
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup fresh basil
1 lemon, juiced and zested
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4 veal chops (approximately 1-inch thick)
In a blender, combine olive oil, basil, lemon juice and zest, garlic and mustard and pulse until basil is minced but not a paste. Combine veal chops and basil mixture in a glass or plastic bowl/ziploc bag (as long as it isn't metal!) and marinate (30 min. at room temp. or 2+ hours in the fridge).
Preheat grill. Cook chops over medium heat for approximately 7 minutes before turning, basting with remaining marinade and cooking an additional 7 minutes or until meat reaches 160 degrees F.
Serve with basil leaves and lemon wedges, rosemary roasted potatoes, summer squash or garlicky sauteed spinach.
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Low-Carb and the Big C
- Gluten Free Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- Low Carb Living: Eggs On The Run
- 5 Must Try Spaghetti Squash Recipes
- Must Try! Chicken Under a Brick
- Low Carb Diet and Diabetes
- Low Carb Mustard Recipes
- Low-Carb Chicken Breasts with Fresh Sage and Mushrooms
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Maple & Curry Acorn Squash
- Mustard & Thyme Butter
- Gluten Free Pumpkin & Pepita Coffee Cake
- Sugar Free Gluten Free Mini Peppermint Cream Puffs
- Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Caper Cream Sauce
- Pesto Zucchini "Spaghetti"
- Seared Scallops With Wilted Greens
- Turkish Eggs
- Chicken Breast with Tarragon Mushroom Cream Sauce