'Tis the season for kids around the country to head back into the classroom, and these sweet back-to-school treats give students plenty of incentives to make a favorable impression with their new teachers and classmates. From mini cookies appropriate for sharing to special boxes for teachers, these options are sure to start the school year off on the right foot.
1. Back-to-School Sugar Cookies: These sweet sugar cookies by Chocolate by Kim come in the shape of apples and chalkboards. The chalkboard lettering can be customized to order -- with the name of a favorite teacher or student, perhaps? The cookies are 3.5 inches wide and a quarter-inch thick.
2. Fondant Back-to-School Toppers: If you'd prefer to bake your own cupcakes, add some pizzazz with these fondant back-to-school toppers by ParkersFlourPatch. They're available in several classroom-appropriate shapes, including ruled notebook paper, a crisp red apple and a pencil.
3. Bitten Apples Sugar Cookies: These apple-shaped sugar cookies by Just Crumbs have a jagged bite taken out of them. The vanilla flavor is infused with Madagascar vanilla; other available flavors include lavender and lemon.
4. Cookie Gifts: This batch of cookies by Cookie Couture is a perfect teacher's gift. The eight cookies included in the box are decorated with blackboards, rulers, apples and pencils.
5. Mini Apple Sugar Cookies: These miniature apple-shaped cookies by FunSugarCookies are perfect for back-to-school parties. The 1.5-inch cookies are frosted in either red or green and come in batches of three dozen.