Tonight in the garden, I finally found a spaghetti squash that was ready to pick. It took quite a long time from seed to plate. This one seed had turned into a sprawling plant, at least 15 feet in each direction. In fact, the spaghetti squash plant has dwarfed three rows of the garden, making finding the squash themselves, a trial. This is the sort of chore that I like to assign to the 4 year old. He doesn't seem to mind the hide and seek type of work.
I made the squash into a bowl of lovely strands, and topped it with grilled eggplant slices that were then nestled into my fresh sauce. There is no better eating, than food in season.
Here are some recipes from Foodista members, that highlight the goodness of spaghetti squash.
- Healthy Southwestern Spaghetti Squash Bowls
- 3 Spectacular Spaghetti Squash Recipes, Gluten Free
- 5 Must Try Spaghetti Squash Recipes
- Easy Dinner Recipe: Pasta with Butternut Squash and Spinach
- Fall Comfort: Acorn Squash with Pistachios, Black Bread and Apples
- Meatless Monday: Summer Squash with Mozzarella & Tomatoes
- Meatless Monday: Slow Cooker Tortellini and Butternut Squash Soup
- Spaghetti Squash with Lemon and Capers
- Perfect Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Raw Summer Squash Hummus
- Spaghetti Squash Boats
- Spaghetti Squash Tacos
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe
- Spaghetti Squash With Lemon and Capers
- Spaghetti Squash With Veggies & Tofu In A Curry Peanut Sauce
- Peanuty Spaqoodles: Spaghetti Squash Noodles with a spicy peanut sauce
- Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed W/spicy Biryani (Veg/vegan)
- Gingered Spaghetti Squash
- Fried cauliflower.