In honor of Julia Child's upcoming birthday, I thought it would be fun to take some of her classic dishes and make them gluten free. Perhaps the French may think this is an act of blasphemy, but so many people are gluten intolerant these days. We want delightfully rich and flavorful French food too!
Simply replace the flour with your favorite whole grain gluten free blend. You can also experiment and make your own mix. Some healthy choices: buckwheat, millet, brown rice, quinoa, coconut, almond, chickpea, and teff. If you need it to be more sticky add a little tapioca starch.
One of Julia's most loved and simple dishes. It couldn't be any more classically French, it's basically fish dripping with butter and flour.
A meat lovers delight, serve with a side of greens for balance. Choose grass fed bacon and beef to make this dish the healthiest that can be.
- Classic Julia Child: Poulet Saute aux Herbes de Provence, GFCF
- Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon, Gluten Free
- Julia Child's Classic Sole Meuniere
- A Celebration Most Eggcellent
- Meatless Monday: Julia Child Ratatouille
- The Vegan and Julia Child
- Gluten Free Foodie Friday: 5 Recipes to Love
- Plum Clafouti a la Julia Child
- 5 Must Try No Bake Nectarine Recipes
- Happy Birthday Julia + Coq au Vin
- TWD: Johnny Cake Cobbler, with a dash of cranberries
- Julia Child's Coq au Vin
- Julia Child's Upside-Down Martini
- Julia Child's Vichyssoise
- Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon
- Julia Child's Ratatouille
- Julia Child's Duck a l'Orange
- Baked Pumpkin French Toast - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Crab and Grapefruit Salad
- Julia Child's Buttered Peas With Mint