This week is officially Elvis Week in Memphis, Tennessee. Celebrate the King by making his favorite sandwich, peanut butter and banana. This sandwich is so simple that your kids can even make it!
2 tablespoons peanut butter (preferably smooth)
2 slices white sandwich bread
1 small ripe banana, mashed with a fork (about 1/4 cup)
2 tablespoons butter
Spread peanut butter on 1 slice of bread, then spread mashed banana on other slice, leaving a border. Close sandwich and press bread slices together.
Heat butter in an 8- to 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides, then fry sandwich, turning over once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes total.
*Some versions add bacon and/or a drizzle of honey
- Dynamirte Elvis Inspired Banana Bacon Cake
- Bonkers for Banana Peanut Butter French Toast
- Diner Style Turkey Club Sandwich
- Instant Regret Peanut Butter is a Scintillating Sandwich Spread
- The Classic Cuban Sandwich
- Chicken Caesar Sandwich
- Grilled BBQ Pork and Coleslaw Biscuit Sandwich
- Grilled Banana Splits for National Banana Split Day!
- Amazing Chicago Italian Beef Sandwich Recipe
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Smitten Single-Food Tumblelogs
- Mom-Friday's Peanut Butter & Banana French Toast
- Apple Sandwiches with Granola and Peanut Butter
- Scrambled Egg and Ham Breakfast Buns
- Fresh Mediterranean Shrimp and Avocado Pita Pockets
- Peanut Butter Banana French Toast
- Trader Joe’s Harvest Grain Pasta Salad
- Ham and Swiss Panini With Mushrooms and Kale
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms and Sun-Dried Tomato Panini
- Wild Alaskan Salmon Sandwiches [translate]
- Make It Quick Italian Shrimp Rolls