This is the last sandwich in Sandwich Week. Pulled pork is a barbecue classic. Pork shoulder (also called pork butt) is rubbed with spices and cooked low and slow for several hours. The meat is fork tender and melts in your mouth. The shredded pork is then mixed in your favorite BBQ sauce and paired with coleslaw to make a delectable sandwich. Serve this delicious pulled pork sandwich should be with baked beans and grilled corn for a perfect outdoor meal.
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
(recipe from itsy bitsy foodies)
- Roughly 3-1/2 pounds Boston Butt
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp mustard powder
- 2-1/2 to 3 Tbsp paprika
- 8 Buns
- BBQ sauce
- 1 package coleslaw
- 1 bottle of Litehouse Bleu Cheese Vinaigrette
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Rub the dry mixture on the meat, coating all sides.
- Place the meat in a roasting pan.
- Cover the meat with plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator, preferably overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the meat, remove the plastic wrap and cover the pan tightly with foil.
- Bake the meat at 275 degrees until the internal temperature of the roast is 200 degrees and the meat pulls apart from the bone. The cook time will vary depending on the size of the roast. The general rule of thumb is that it will take 1 – 1 1/2 hours for every pound of meat. (If you are using a glass pan, place the cold pan in the cold oven and let them heat together to prevent your pan from cracking.)
- After the first three hours baste the meat with its juices every hour.
- Remove the meat from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Shred the meat into pieces with a fork.
- Toss the coleslaw and the dressing, mixing in the dressing to taste.
- Assemble the sandwiches, spooning pulled pork on the bottom portion of the bun, drizzling it with sauce and topping it with coleslaw.
- Grilled BBQ Pork and Coleslaw Biscuit Sandwich
- Superbowl Bites: Pulled Pork Sliders with Jicama Slaw
- Best Ever Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Delectable Pulled Pork Sandwiches that You Need to Cook
- Perfect Pulled Vegetable Sliders from Vegetarian Dinner Parties
- Sandwich Week: Elvis Presley's Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
- Sandwich Week: Fried Green Tomato Sandwiches
- The Best Southern-Style BBQ Pulled Pork
- How-To Recipe: Crock-pot Pulled Pork
- Spicy Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
- Pulled Pork With Mango Bbq Sauce
- Slow Cooker Dim Sum Pulled Pork & Sweet Sesame Snap Peas
- Smoked Pulled Pork
- Pulled Pork Bbq Sandwich
- Pulled Pork Sandwich with Mango BBQ sauce
- North Carolina Pulled Pork
- South Carolina Style Pulled Pork
- Spicy Mango Pulled Pork
- Texas"skinny" pulled pork with slaw
- Golden Carolina Pulled Chicken Sandwich with Broccoli Slaw & Cilantro