The humble plum is so often forgotten when talking about summertime fruit. Brighter stone fruits like peaches and nectarines over shadow it. I have a huge plum tree in my backyard that reigns fruit onto my grass around this time of year. The abundence of plums has lead me to experiment with different recipes using the fruit. I almost always use it in desserts. Here are five of my favorite sweet plum recipes.
Delicate honey crepes are filled with black plums, marscapone, and pistachios for a sweet breakfast.
Before the plums are placed in the clafouti batter, they are sauteed in butter and sugar rendering them sweet and soft.
Spiced Plum Sorbet
This plum sorbet is spiked with rum and strong spices like clove and nutmeg.
Viennese Plum Cake
This cake is as beautiful as it is delicious. A layer of cake is toped with sweet plums and a buttery crumb topping.
The perfect snack to put into your child's lunchbox.
- Plum Clafouti a la Julia Child
- No-Bake Watermelon Cake and 4 More No-Bake Cakes
- Decadent Chocolate Plums
- Quick and Easy Yogurt Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- Gluten-Free Breakfast Spoon Cake
- Retro Desserts: Dump Cake
- Ricotta and Pear Cake from Southern Italian Desserts
- Beautiful Macaron Cake to Celebrate National Macaron Day
- Seasonal Eats: Gluten-Free Strawberry Upside Down Cake
- Mango Upside Down Cake is a Tropical Dessert
- Fresh Plum Cake
- Julia Child's Plum Clafouti
- mixed berry tea cake
- Choco-Coco-Banana Cake
- Peach Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Fresh Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Blue Sugar Plum Cake
- Plum Breakfast Cake
- Baked Salmon With Mandarin Orange and Pineapple Salsa
- Brandy Plum Pork Tenderloin Served On Buttermilk Corn Cakes