A bitter wiener war has just kicked off in Chicago between Ball Park and Oscar Mayer. The dueling hot dog companies have accused each other of deceptive advertising through their parent companies Sara Lee and Kraft Foods, respectively.
The Ball Park and Oscar Mayer war stems from a 2009 ad in which Oscar Mayer claimed that its hot dogs were rated higher than those of Ball Park in a national taste test -- a commercial that prompted Sara Lee to sue. "They were served boiled hot dogs on a white paper plate," lawyers explained. Kraft Foods later sued Sara Lee over its Ball Park ads, which promoted the hot dogs as "America's Best Franks."
Who do you think will win the wiener war? Check out more on the trial here.
- Foie Gras Corn Dog is an Upscale Wiener
- Student Rides to Prom in the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile
- Celiac Saturday: Gluten Free Franks
- Rob Merlino Celebrates National Hot Dog Month With a 31-Day Frankfurter Binge
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Runs Anti-Hot Dog Billboard
- Chicago-Style Hot Dog iPhone Cover Resembles the Classic Street Meat
- Laser-Engraved Hot Dogs Send a Savory Message
- Joey Chestnut Wins Fifth Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest in a Row
- "The Black Widow" Sonya Thomas Wins the First Women's Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Easy Corn Dog Muffins for Kids
- Texas Wiener Dogs of New Jersey
- Bratwurst and Buns
- Peanut Butter Carob Drop Dog Treats
- Maggie's Favorite Dog Biscuits
- Spicy Chicken Corn Dogs with Homemade Chili Sauce
- Vegan Ranch Cheese Ball
- Fried Macaroni and Cheese Balls
- Wiener Wraps
- Wiener Wrap
- "First-Quarter" Ultimate Bacon Wrapped Cocktail Wieners From Dw Magazine.Com