A new set of vending machines are being rolled out to schools in the Miami area. The Star Food's Healthy Express are high-tech machines with healthy meal options that are made only of locally grown produce, and include a selection of salads, wraps and yogurt parfaits.
Star Food's Healthy Express got the help of celebrity chefs like Michelle Bernstein and Kris Wessel to launch the new nutritious vending machines.
“At Edison High School where thousands of kids are trying to get food and don’t necessarily want to stand in line,” Wessel said. “This is an alternative and it’s a healthy alternative."
A free meal program is being put in place to cover meal costs for students in need. Each student will be equipped with their own pin number to access the machine so no actual cash will be needed.
- Op Ed: Why Do We Even Need Vending Machines In Schools?
- Bye Bye Lunch Lady Hello Vending Machines
- Live Crab Vending Machines Save a Trip to the Store
- Burger Vending Machine Promises Fulfilling Bites
- The Healthy Vending Revolution is ON
- Baguette Vending Machine Dispenses Warm Bread on Demand
- Would You Eat From This Meat Vending Machine?
- Coca-Cola's Open Happiness Campaign Encourages You to Embrace
- The Activate Human-Powered Vending Machine
- Pizza Vending Machine