Considered by some to be an invasive garden pest, mint is one of my all-time favorite herbs. Cool and refreshing, with a pungent taste and aroma, what's not to love about this tough-to-kill herb! From cocktails to soups, salads and desserts, mint's signature flavor profile lends itself to a variety of regional cuisines - particularly Middle Eastern, South Asian and Mediterranean. Here are 5 magical mint recipes - and they're gluten free, too!
Classic Mint Julep Recipe
The official cocktail of the Kentucky Derby, a Julep is mint muddled with Bourbon and a little sweetener.
Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic and Mint
Crunchy cauliflower, roasted garlic, fresh mint and a squeeze of lemon make this a tasty side dish or vegan sandwich idea.
Grilled Eggplant Salad with Tomatoes
Tender eggplant slices, fresh tomatoes, feta cheese and mint make for a tasty antipasto salad.
Mint Ginger Chicken Kabobs
Served with spicy raita.
Basil Mint Cake with Vanilla Buttercream
A perfect summer dessert, fresh from the garden! Gluten free? Use your favorite GF AP flour or Jules AP blend!
- Meatless Monday: Tasty Tabouleh
- DIY Gluten Free Baba Ghanoush
- Meatless Monday: Greek Lentil Soup
- Wheatless Wednesday: 3 Tantalizing Falafel Recipes
- Allergy Friendly Cooking: Gluten Free & Vegan Recipes
- 5 Easy Eggplant Recipes, Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Stuffed Zucchini 5 Ways
- Wheatless Wednesdays: Gluten-Free and Vegan Hummus
- Wheatless Wednesday: 3 Best Chickpea Recipes