Farmland World is a concept amusement park chain that aims to reacquaint urbanites and suburbanites with our country's agricultural roots. Visitors to the theme park will don free overalls as they take part in typical farm chores. Farmland World areas include Goat Town, Wheat Island, Beeville, Chicken Hut and Fruit Mountain.
Sound like a great vacation destination? Unfortunately, Farmland World is just a tongue-in-cheek concept. It was designed by Design With Company's Stewart Hick and Allison Newmeyer to shed light on how today's technological farming advancements have resulted in less personal interaction with animals and the earth.
The Farmland World concept was the runner-up in the Animal Architecture design competition.
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Urban Farming Tumblr Blogs
- Urban Farming Tools is a Space-Saving Five-Piece Set for City Farmers
- Whole Foods Parking Lot: Revenge of the Black Prius
- The Best Jamaican Jerk Veggie Burger in The World
- Around the World: Mediterranean Polenta with Roasted Vegetables
- Celebrate World Vegetarian Day!
- Cooking up a FEEST for the Youth
- Farm Aid 2011 A Voice For Small Farms
- Gardening for Good Behavior
- Chipotle and Willie Nelson Bring us Back to the Start
- Kale and Apples over polenta
- Dandelion pesto
- World Salad
- Cranberry Beans, Cherry Tomatoes & Cucumber Salad
- Vegan Texas-Fried "Steak" Bites
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Vegan, Low Fat "A La Russe" Olivier Salad
- Delicious Lemon Cake
- Spiced Carrot and Ginger Soup