A native to Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines, durian fruit is regarded as the King of Fruits in many parts of southeast Asia. Known for its incredibly thorny exterior and unique aroma, durian is used to flavor both sweet and savory dishes and are available internationally (often frozen), primarily at Asian markets. Known for its strong fragrance, sometimes described as anything from intense almond to old gym socks, it has been often noted as quite overpowering and is banned in hotel lobbies, public transportation, etc. (Check out the Signapore Mass Rapid Transit sign below!)
In any case, here are 5 fabulous Durian dessert recipes!
Durian Panna Cotta
A rich and creamy Italian dessert with Asian fusion flavors.
Delicious Durian Popsicles
Sweet and milky, a super tasty fruit pop.
Durian Cream Puffs
A classical Asian dessert.
Chocolate + coffee + Durian = dessert perfection!
Durian Bombe Alaska
Durian and coconut ice cream with a brown butter pound cake and pandan meringue make this a must- try recipe!
- Meatless Monday Recipe: Brown Rice Bowl with Seared Tofu, Herbs and Avocado Cream
- Better Than Takeout: Crab and Cream Cheese Wontons
- Amazing Fruit Spring Rolls Recipe
- Lovely Lemon Tofu Tart with Olive Oil Crust
- Awesome Asian Salmon Bugers with Ginger-Lime Cream for Lent
- Too Good To Be True Tofu Berry Shortcake
- Too Good To Be True: Beef and Watermelon Stir Fry
- National Rice Pudding Day: Coconut Rice Pudding with Mango
- Back to School Snacks: Tofu Coconut Cookies
- A Twist on Classic Potato Salad
- Quick and Easy Scallop Pasta
- Why I Decided To Make Indian Spiced Tri-Tip Tacos With Tangy Tomato Sauce
- Lychee and Ginger Ice Cream
- Bananas In Coconut Cream
- Salmon Tacos With Avocado Cream
- Baked Peaches With Blueberry Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cool and Refreshing Asian Cucumber Salad
- Pork Chops With Sage and Sour Cream Sauce
- Crunchy Baked Cod With Asparagus and Dijon Lemon Cream
- Pineapple Banana & Sour Cream Upside Down Loaf