Fresh canned tomatoes are one fantastic way to capture summer flavors and preserve them all year long! While of course, homegrown or heirloom tomatoes will yield the best results, using storebought tomatoes are still worth the effort! Here are a few of my favorite Instructables on how to can tomatoes - with step by step phototutorials! - and a couple of really great recipes to get you started.
Canning Tomatoes 101
This guide covers it all - with incredibly easy to follow instructions and photos for each step, the only thing better would be to have your grandmother in the kitchen with you!
Making & Canning Roasted Tomato Salsa
A classic summer recipe, now holed up in your pantry well into the winter.
Making & Canning Spicy Green Tomato Relish
Another classic condiment with a definite kick!
- Celiac Saturday: Tomatoes Stuffed with String Beans
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- Meatless Monday: Pasta with Sage & Grilled Tomatoes
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Curry For All Seasons
- 5 Must Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookie Recipes - Allergy Friendly
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Nutrient rich green peas cookies
- Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Cranberry Beans, Cherry Tomatoes & Cucumber Salad
- Oyster Mushroom Spaghetti with Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Sundried Tomato-Tahini Spread
- Tia's Treats