An Illinois company has voluntarily recalled more than 8,000 packages of Vita Classic Premium Sliced Smoked Atlantic Nova Salmon, which may be contaminated with listeria.
Vita Food Products said no illnesses or complaints have been reported by customers, but they are closely monitooring the situation. Listeria can cause fatal infections in children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems. In a press release, the company says the packages were sold in "Publix stores in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama; Safeway stores in California, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Colorado, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia; Meijer stores in Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky; Vons stores in California; Genuardi's stores in Pennsylvania and New Jersey; Winn Dixie stores in Florida, and the Edgewater Produce store in Chicago on or after July 25."
The date and code of "DEC 15 2011 01961B" appears on all of the recalled packages.
- Buona Vita Recalls 325,000 Pounds of Meatballs
- Deli Meat Contaminated with Listeria Recalled
- Listeria in Cantaloupe Has Killed 8
- Listeria Outbreak Dramatically Worsens
- Food Recall: Cool Creations LLC - Multiple Products
- Lettuce Recall for Listeria
- Listeria In Cantaloupe Sickens 14, Kills 1
- Listeria In Manufactured Food Products; How Does It Happen?
- Wegmans Recall Foods Containing Gills Onions
- Listeria in Cantaloupe Outbreak Worst Since 1924
- Duo Of Fresh Fava Bean Spread Open Smoked Salmon Sandwich & Sort Of Guacamole Open Smoked Salmon Sandwich With Home Grown Garden Cress
- Sophie's Smoked Salmon & Ricotta Wraps
- Fresh Halibut Baked With Smoked Salmon
- Smoked Salmon and Mascarpone Calzone
- Hot Smoked Salmon Salad
- Smoked Salmon Napoleon
- Hickory Smoked Salmon
- Smoked Salmon Pasta Salad
- Smoked Salmon & Artichoke Fettuccine
- Avocado and Smoked Salmon Mousse