After just four months, Facebook has decided to shelve its Deals offerings. The company launched the program in Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, San Diego, and San Francisco partially as an attempt to generate revenue outside of online advertisements.
The company issued a statement about the end of Deals, "After testing Deals for four months, we’ve decided to end our Deals product in the coming weeks. We think there is a lot of power in a social approach to driving people into local businesses. We’ve learned a lot from our test and we’ll continue to evaluate how to best serve local businesses."
- Groupon Damages Businesses Reputations
- Starbucks, Groupon Outperform Expectations
- Revised Groupon IPO Filing Reveals $420 Million Operating Loss in 2010
- 2 Must Read Articles Ahead of Groupon IPO
- Groupon CEO Finally Speaks Publicly
- An Important Take on Google Offers
- Groupon CEO Andrew Mason on 60 Minutes
- Groupon Could Launch IPO November 4
- Worst Groupon Deal Ever
- Groupon Continues Shocking Implosion
- Knock Your Socks Off Stuffed Potatoes With Broccoli and Mushrooms
- Off-Dry Black Currant Wine - 1000l
- Corn-Off-The-Cob Salad
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake That Will Knock Your Sock Off
- Fall Off The Bone Baby Back Ribs
- All Day Simple Slow-Cooker FALL OFF the BONE Ribs!
- Kande Pohe Recipe
- Authentic Bang Bang Chicken
- Berry Good Brie
- Nutty Buffalo Chicken