One of the most popular flavors across the board, salted caramel sounds perplexing, but like all sweet-salty combinations, there's simple science behind the phenomenon! Like chocolate and peanut butter, yogurt-dipped pretzels, caramel popcorn and maple-cured bacon, sweet + salty is a match made in heaven. Here's how it works: by combining salty and sweet flavors, the salt actually makes the sweet element (chocolate, carmel, ice cream) taste even sweeter! Here's a simple, elegant recipe for making your own salted caramel at home and a variety of ways to use it!
DIY Salted Caramel
Adapted from the king of confections, David Lebovitz. A simple, elegant recipe for creating this decadent treat at home.
Five-Spice Macarons with Salted Caramel Filling
Chinese Five Spice macaron cookies with a sweet-salty filling makes for a luscious combination.
Dark Chocolate Amaretto Brownies with Salted Caramel Sauce
Served a la mode, these boozy gluten free brownies are simply sinful.
Salted Caramel and Whiskey Truffles
Dark chocolate, Irish whiskey and cocoa powder make these decadent truffles too good not to make.
- Decadent Olive Oil Ice Cream With Salted Caramel Sauce
- Sweet and Salty Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes
- Sweet and Salty Caramel Pretzel Bites
- Craving Gooey Caramel Butter Bars Right Now!
- 3 Delicious Salted Caramel Covered Recipes
- Homemade Chocolate Salted Caramel Cups
- Caramel Apple Pie Cupcakes are the Perfect Serving for Parties
- Guinness Pretzel Truffles are a Bite-Sized St. Patty's Day Candy
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Decadent Desserts: No Bake Turtle Pumpkin Pie, Gluten Free
- Chocolate Cake with Caramel Buttercream & Pretzels Bits
- Sea Salted Caramels
- Apple-Cheesecake Tart with Salted Caramel Glaze
- Fudge Pie with Salted Caramel Sauce
- Caramel Apple Slab Pie
- Caramel Candy Popcorn
- Plantains in Sweet Syrup
- Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies
- Cowboy Cookies With Pretzels and Raisinettes
- Popcorn Ice Cream