If Domino's Japan president Scott K. Oelkers has his way, the pizza giant will expand its reaches to the Moon. The Moon Branch Project, as it's described on the Domino's Japan microsite, will cost some $21 billion to execute and will include a plantation, restaurant, kitchen, private area and dining room within a contained sphere.
Most Internet readers don't want to play along with the Moon Branch Project, issuing complaints against the global brand and dismissing the stunt outright. Previous publicity stunts by Domino's Japan include the now-ubiquitous pizza-tracking feature and the "free if it isn't delivered within 30 minutes" rule.
On a (somewhat) more serious note, with the way fast food has taken over the world, Domino's Japan might just have the capital to transform the Moon Branch Project from a publicity stunt into a reality in short order.
- Domino's Kobe Beef Steak Pizza Costs $66
- Domino's Pakistan Serves Tex-Mex with their Quesadilla Pizza
- Domino's Pizza CEO Balks at FDA Calorie-Posting Regulations
- Nick From Dude Foods Makes a Wisconsin 25-Cheese Pizza
- Domino's Times Square Billboard Shows Real-Time Customer Feedback
- Fabio Viviani Now Selling Dominos Pizza
- McDonald's Japan Has Brought Back the Gracoro Burgers
- 10 Largest US Pizza Chains
- PIzza Hut Hong Kong's Cheesy Opera Pizza is a Pizza on Top of a Pizza
- Kids Freak Out Over SpongeBob SquarePants in McDonald's Japan Ad
- Tri-Color Pepper Pita Pizza With Armenian Basturma
- Quick & Easy Mini Pizza Buns!
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Beefy Beef Mexican Pizza
- Game Night Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Sushi Pizza
- Laura Moon's Chili
- Pizza Muffins
- Ffwd: Fresh Tuna, Machengo and Basil Pizza, gluten free and on the grill
- Healthy Fall Dessert: Baked apples with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.