Earlier this month, Whole Foods pulled Bethenny Frankel's SkinnyGirl Cocktails off their shelves and cited very vague reasons. It turns out the SkinnyGirl Margaritas contain sodium benzoate, a substance that becomes carcinogenic when mixed with vitamin C or lime.
Well, that doesn't sound very healthy.
"I'm not making wheatgrass here," the Real Housewife said in defense of her product. "If I could put an agave plant and some limes on a shelf I would. [The Skinnygirl Margarita] is as close to nature as possible, while still being a shelf-stable product."
Frankel isn't letting this Whole Foods situation get her down, though. She referred to the ordeal as a "non-event" and is moving on with promoting SkinnyGirl Cocktails.
- Bethenny Frankel's SkinnyGirl Cocktails Removed from Whole Foods Shelves
- SkinnyGirl Margaritas is Getting Sued Again
- Class Action Suit Filed Against SkinnyGirl Cocktails
- Bethenny Frankel Responds to Skinnygirl Margarita Allegations
- SkinnyGirl Makes Bethenny Frankel the Top-Earning Celebrity Mom
- Bethenny Frankel Says Baby Daughter is a Vegetarian
- The Bethenny Frankel Diet
- Bethenny Frankel's 2-Year-Old Daughter Chose Vegetarianism
- Chefdance and Bethenny Frankel
- Naturally Thin From Bethenny Frankel
- The Best Skinny Beer Margaritas
- Strawberry Margarita
- Cpk’s Tuscan Hummus Made Skinny...
- 7-Up Cake...A Dreamy Vintage Cake Made Skinny
- A Super Delicious Skinny Passover Noodle Kugel
- Skinny Mini Passover Potato Pancakes Appetizer
- Skinny Matzo Brei With Fresh Spinach, Garlic and Onions
- You’ll Flip for These Skinny Frozen S’mores, No Campfire Needed!
- Skinny Green Monster Smoothie
- "skinny" seven layer salad ♥