A woman in Victoria, Canada brought in a tray of brownies to her office, which unbeknownst to her were loaded with marijuana. The mistake was discovered when three of the office's employees became ill and had to be hospitalized.
All three people began to complain of the same symptoms— light-headedness, numbness in the limbs and disorientation— at once. The police were called in for a possible poisoning. Their investigation led to a refrigerator and the brownies.
The woman had found the brownies in her freezer and decided to bring them into the office. Turns out, her son baked the marijuana-laden brownies a year before and forgot about them. Police will not pursue criminal charges in the matter.
Want more from Foodista? Sign up below!