Back to school is always a stressful time. From getting back into schoolyear habits to swinging back into the daily routine, there's always so much going on! Here is one super quick and easy lunch or snack idea for the kids that is naturally allergy free! Why send them with apple wedges when you can just as easily cut the fruit into (horizontal) slices with a super cute cut out at the center? Using mini cookie cutters, this is as easy as 1-2-3!
(0. Wash and rinse your fruit!)
1. Cut apple into horizontal slices, perpendicular to the stem/core
2. Using mini cookie cutters, cut out the core part of each slice - leaving cute shapes!
3. To prevent discoloration, soak the apple slices in pineapple juice.
Want more apple in your life? Here are a few ideas...
- 3 Fast and Fabulous Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
- Gluten Free Shepherd's Pie - Dairy Free + GFCF
- 5 Must Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookie Recipes - Allergy Friendly
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Playing With Your Food - 3 Healthy Snacks Moms and Kids Will Love!
- Spooky Savory Gluten Free Halloween Treats!
- 3 Must Try Gluten Free Popcorn Ball Recipes
- Better Than Bento: Nifty Sandwich Cut Outs
- 5 Easy Gluten Free Back to School Treats
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Magic Potion
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Mini Banana Splits
- The Farming Wife's Spaghetti Pie
- Chinese Chicken Salad With Chipotle Dressing
- Veal medallions with đuveč (joo-vetch)
- Gluten Free Corn Dogs
- Roasted Asparagus with Egg Salad
- Fresh Tarragon and Lentil Salad